Sunday, January 10, 2016

Freezing Eggnog


This time of year, my grocery store often offers eggnog at a discount to clear its shelves.  Since it is very easy to freeze eggnog, I buy a half gallon or so and freeze the eggnog in recipe size amounts.

Most of the recipes I use call for 1/4 and 1/2 cups so I put that amount in a zip-top snack bag and then put those bags in a gallon freezer bag and write on the big bag the date and amount in the snack bags.


This is a great way to make eggnog-flavored desserts when you have a craving in the middle of July.

3 comments:

  1. perfect for the holiday!! I have a carton of eggnog and I think these need to be made soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know you could freeze eggnog. What a great idea! I love eggnog and only get it once a year, at Christmas time. So now I'm going to try freezing it, and see how that works. But not now...it's July. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...