Image Map

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Coffeecake Muffins-Guest Post

Today Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker brings her wonderful recipe for Coffeecake Muffins.  If you haven't visited her blog, please go check it out.  She has lots of wonderful stuff there.  I have been a follower for several years.  Tell you a little secret about this recipe.  When it arrived, I just couldn't wait to make it so I have a batch of these with me to snack on while we're on vacation.   Here's Kristen!

Hello! I am so pleased to be here at Grandma Loy's today. She has been a long time participant in my monthly Improv Cooking Challenge and has been a guest on my blog, so I am so happy to be able to return the favor. I blog over at FrugalAntics of a Harried Homemaker with the motto: delicious doesn't have to be expensive. I just sent my oldest son off to college and have four kids left at home ranging from 11th grade to 2nd grade. I am all about saving money and still enjoying life.

Today, I brought you a batch of Coffee Cake Muffins. Portable breakfasts are a big hit with my teenage boys. They like to sleep as long as they can on school days, hopping out of bed with only a few minutes to get out the door. I always feel better when they at least grab a muffin or two to eat on the way to school. These muffins were adapted from The Muffin Tin Cookbook by Brette Sember. I do a handful of cookbook reviews every year and this one was a favorite.

Coffee Cake Muffins:
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup sugar + 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup melted butter
2/3 cup milk
1 tsp cinnamon

Preparation:
Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease or line 12 regular muffin cups.
Combine flour, ½ cup sugar and salt in a bowl.
In another bowl, combine egg, vanilla, melted butter and milk.
Add dry ingredients to the wet, mixing well.
Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups.
Combine the cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar.
Sprinkle it evenly over all of the muffins.
Bake 12-15 minutes or until they test done with a toothpick.

I hope you like them!!

You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+

Hey, everyone, do make these, they are delicious.  Thanks Kristen for coming by and sharing such a great recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me visit today. I am so glad you made the muffins for your trip. Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen - these look mouth-watering. Sure wish I could have had a couple with my morning coffee today. Thanks for sharing this...and all your wonderful recipes.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...